The rise of non-alcoholic cocktails has been a growing trend in recent years, as more people look to reduce their alcohol intake for health or other social reasons. And with many drinkers also becoming increasingly conscious about the amount of sugar they're consuming, low-sugar cocktail and cocktail mix options have become incredibly important in the non-alcoholic cocktail category.
According to recent data, the non-alcoholic spirits market grew over 100% this past year in the United States. This growth is being driven by a number of factors, including increased awareness of the health benefits of drinking less alcohol, as well as the growing popularity of overall wellness.
Whether you're looking to drink less alcohol because of a health condition, such as high blood pressure or heart disease, or simply want to cut back on your alcohol intake for any other reason, non-alcoholic cocktails can be a great way to stay social without drinking.
There are many benefits to cutting down on your alcohol consumption:
- Better Sleep : Non-alcoholic drinks can help you get a better night's sleep. When you drink alcohol, it can disrupt your sleep quality and make it harder to fall and stay asleep. By choosing non-alcoholic or low ABV cocktails instead, you'll be less likely to experience these disruptions in your sleep.
- Improved mood: Non-alcoholic drinks can also help improve your mood. When you drink alcohol, it can lead to feelings of anxiety and depression. By choosing non-alcoholic drinks instead, you'll be less likely to experience these negative moods.
- No Hangover: We've all had the miserable hangover after a night of drinking, and non-alcoholic drinks let you to enjoy a drink with your friends while avoiding the painful day after.
FICKS is working to play an important role in this shift in this transition to low and no alcohol cocktails with its FICKS Premium Cocktail Mixers. With delicious flavors like margarita and paloma, these mixers make it easy to create tasty low-sugar cocktails at home without sacrificing quality or flavor. Whether you want to cut down on alcohol consumption or sugar intake, FICKS makes it simple and enjoyable!
One of FICKS non-alcoholic cocktail offerings, the Blackberry Margarita
Many bartenders are also starting to create delicious non-alcoholic drinks that are perfect for those wanting to drink less alcohol. These "mocktails" are getting super creative to make unique and delicious drinks. Some of the most popular mocktail flavors include fruity drinks, like cranberry or apple cider, as well as coffee or chocolate-based drinks.
Two of our hometown favorite San Francisco bars doing this are ABV with their famous N/A Negroni, as well as White Rabbit's Immunity Boost Juice that is made with orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice and muddled ginger, and is finished with turmeric to give the entire concoction a depth of flavor that rivals a regular cocktail.
White Rabbit Bar in San Francisco, CA
But you don't need to hit the bar to enjoy a fun, high-end non-alcoholic cocktail. With summer almost here, give this one a try FICKS Strawberry Margarita Mix:
FICKS Strawberry Margarita (Makes 10 Drinks)
-1 bottle FICKS Strawberry Margarita Mix
-1 cup ice cubes
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a glasses and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a delicious and refreshing way to enjoy your night out without drinking alcohol, non-alcoholic cocktails are the perfect solution. And luckily, they’re becoming more and more popular, so it’s easy to find great recipes or cocktail mixers like FICKS that will help you make them.
Have you had a non-alcoholic cocktail before? If not, now is definitely the time to give them a try!