It's fall, which means it has become socially acceptable to pour cinnamon simple syrup on everything. We put it in our cocktails of course, but also find ourselves drizzling it on coffee, cakes and even fruit as the weather gets a little crisper. A flavorful homemade simple syrup is a versatile ingredient that will unlock some amazing recipes over the holiday season.
Like most syrups, this cocktail ingredient lives up to its name in that it's quick and easy to make. If you want to make this holiday cocktail ingredient at home, you'll just need a couple cinnamon sticks and 10 minutes of your time.
If you want to make an easy holiday cocktail with this, try a Cinnamon Mule. Just shake FICKS Moscow Mule Mix in a cocktail shaker with vodka and cinnamon simple syrup for a warming holiday cocktail.
Homemade Cinnamon Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 ground star anise (optional for black liquorice lovers)
- Combine all ingredients into a saucepan on the stove.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring constantly so the brown sugar fully dissolves.
- Remove from the stove once the liquid is this enough to lightly stick to a spoon.
- Refrigerate to cool, and store refrigerated for up to a month of enjoyment!
The final product, good on everything this holiday season from holiday cocktails to coffees and desserts.