Halloween is that time of year where candy consumption is not only allowed, but highly encouraged. And there's one candy that reigns supreme over them all - candy corn. I mean, the color, the taste, it's literally an iconic candy! I know that your grocery store started having bags of candy corn from wall to wall in late summer, so let's take that as a not-so-subtle hint to start incorporating the corn in creative ways this Halloween. Whether you're having a Halloween party, or are just looking to get into the (haunted) spirit, give the candy corn cocktail a try to reimagine this classic Halloween candy.
We really enjoyed this with whiskey, but you can mix them just as easily with vodka - or even leave out the alcohol for festive, nonalcoholic drinks for the kids. You can customize candy corn cocktails however you'd like, they'll still give out that signature orange and white your guests will instantly recognize.
The core to this recipe is the candy corn simple syrup. You can't simply melt candy corn over heat, or you'll end up with some ruined pans. Yes, they will melt, but after a few minutes when it cools you'll have a sticky pool of ghostly goodness all over your pan. Instead, make sure to add water along with the candy corn as instructed in the recipe below to make sure your Halloween cocktails turn out well without a mess. This will dilute the melting candy corn and give you a syrup that easily pours into the cocktail for mixing, and on top for garnish.
Lastly, it's really important that you shake the cocktail mixture before pouring into glasses. This will give them a nice head of white foam to make them look even more like boozy candy corns, and they're just not the same without it! Need tips on shaking cocktails? Here's our guide for a reminder.
OK that's enough prep, let's mix some of these candy corn cocktails for when our witches come over!
- 1 cup candy corn
- 3/4 cup water
- FICKS Moscow Mule Cocktail Mix
- Whiskey or vodka (optional)
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
Candy Corn Simple Syrup Recipe
You're first going to make a candy corn simple syrup that will be mixed into the cocktail to give its bright orange color and candy corn taste. This syrup is great since you can keep it in the fridge for up to a month, and drizzle it on all kinds of Halloween cocktails and desserts. If you're 100% in love with candy corn, you can even drink it 🎃.
- On the stovetop, combine the candy corn and water over a medium heat.
- Stir this until the candy corn completely dissolved in the water, and once it has allow the mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes for medium thickness syrup.
- Remove from the heat, and place mixture in the refrigerator to cool.
Candy Corn Cocktail Recipe for Two
This recipe makes two cocktails, but of course you can increase or decrease by multiplying/dividing the quantities of ingredients below. Whether enjoying a cocktail with yourself, or with a large group, this scales up or down ghoulishly well.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine ice, 1 tbsp candy corn simple syrup, 2 cups FICKS Moscow Mule Mix, and 3 shots of whiskey or vodka (optional).
- Shake well until chilled and ingredients combined. About 10 seconds of heavy cocktail shaking.
- Pour into glasses
- Garnish with whipped cream, candy corn simple syrup, and chocolate syrup.